Pokemon Omeger Rubyer Part 2 Pokemon Omeger Rubyer Part 2

Omega Ruby > Alpha Sapphire :^)

This was great. The animation was really smooth (with a bunch of easter eggs in there too) and was funny whilst still having a story. One of my favourite bits was the part before the contest, I hated stopping there. Another one was the actual contest when shedinja stole all the peoples souls lol

Mithyx - The Journey (NGUAC) Mithyx - The Journey (NGUAC)

This is really awesome. I love the bass, it's got that oldschool DnB vibe. The reverb hits throughout sound really atmospheric, and the piano is amazing. The drums do need more reverb as it doesn't fit with the rest of the sounds since they have quite a lot of reverb. That bit near the end when the bass changes is awesome.

The drums are also a bit repetitive. It might be nice to add a few variations in somewhere, such as an extra bassdrum or two. The arp at the beginning could also be slightly quieter, but only very slightly.

I think this will do very well in the contest! Good luck to ya ;)

MithyxSounds responds:

Thanks for the detailed review! I really wish I could go back and update this with a slight reverb on the drum. I actually did vary the drums around the middle, but only slightly and it's hard to notice, so I could see why it would still be repetitive. Also yeah, the bass change at the end was my favorite part personally.

Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression

I really like this, it sounds amazing. Drops are really cool as always. Only thing I can really say is that it's too slow. It does make it sound more epic for a lot of the song, but it takes a bit of the impact away during some parts.

Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

Epic as always. Guitar works really well imo, no complaints at all. Basses sound awesome and unique.

I do have a question though, do you make all your basses in serum? If so do you create custom wavetables or do you use already existing ones (not necessarily default tables) with a butt-ton of modulation?

Xtrullor responds:

I actually synthesize my sounds first with either Massive, Serum, Razor, Harmor or any other thing I feel like using at the time.

Then I render the result into an audio file, which I store into my "Bass Repository" folder. When I am creating a drop, I then drag and drop stuff from there, most often straight into an instance of Harmor and just screw around with the sound. The result tends to sound quite different after a while.

Layering makes this sort of thing quite magical. There are often 1-3 instances in a single bass sound.