Mithyx - The Journey (NGUAC) Mithyx - The Journey (NGUAC)

This is really awesome. I love the bass, it's got that oldschool DnB vibe. The reverb hits throughout sound really atmospheric, and the piano is amazing. The drums do need more reverb as it doesn't fit with the rest of the sounds since they have quite a lot of reverb. That bit near the end when the bass changes is awesome.

The drums are also a bit repetitive. It might be nice to add a few variations in somewhere, such as an extra bassdrum or two. The arp at the beginning could also be slightly quieter, but only very slightly.

I think this will do very well in the contest! Good luck to ya ;)

MithyxSounds responds:

Thanks for the detailed review! I really wish I could go back and update this with a slight reverb on the drum. I actually did vary the drums around the middle, but only slightly and it's hard to notice, so I could see why it would still be repetitive. Also yeah, the bass change at the end was my favorite part personally.

Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression

I really like this, it sounds amazing. Drops are really cool as always. Only thing I can really say is that it's too slow. It does make it sound more epic for a lot of the song, but it takes a bit of the impact away during some parts.

Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

Epic as always. Guitar works really well imo, no complaints at all. Basses sound awesome and unique.

I do have a question though, do you make all your basses in serum? If so do you create custom wavetables or do you use already existing ones (not necessarily default tables) with a butt-ton of modulation?

Xtrullor responds:

I actually synthesize my sounds first with either Massive, Serum, Razor, Harmor or any other thing I feel like using at the time.

Then I render the result into an audio file, which I store into my "Bass Repository" folder. When I am creating a drop, I then drag and drop stuff from there, most often straight into an instance of Harmor and just screw around with the sound. The result tends to sound quite different after a while.

Layering makes this sort of thing quite magical. There are often 1-3 instances in a single bass sound.

Detious - Hypersphere Detious - Hypersphere

Another example of why everybody missed you so much. I love this style of Dubstep, a mix of awesome drops and atmospheric and melodic parts. Top notch!

DetiousMusic responds:

Aw thanks and do you? I always feel my style gets stale up but it's good to hear that! Thank you (:

Detious & Lockyn - Allure Detious & Lockyn - Allure

I love the whole track but that ending was just absolutely beautiful. I got goosebumps. No joke.

Detious - Envision Detious - Envision

I love this. So atmospheric and the drop is amazing.

DetiousMusic responds:

32 bar drop dream ;)

F-777 - Monster Dance Off (Mkallux Remix) F-777 - Monster Dance Off (Mkallux Remix)

Awful mixing, there's so much clipping in the song. You need to use limiters and to EQ sounds.
The kick makes the piano sound low quality.
There's like no variation at all in the song.
Dubstep sounds are pretty bad and take over the entire mix and making it hard to hear drums and the melody. It's pretty ear-rapey.
Drums don't suit the track.
Like others have said, this is a midi ripoff. There's nothing wrong with using a midi but you haven't changed anything at all besides sounds.
Basically this isn't very good overall. Mixing is very poor and sounds are lacking in variety.

My advice - look up tutorials on mixing and at least try to improve it. Sidechain your drums to the main sounds and use limiters to control volume on things that need it. EQ sounds like the piano to remove frequencies that aren't needed. Hopefully you can use this to improve somewhat.

MkalluxMusic responds:

Yes I know its shit, I'm making a V2 right not

Final Form Final Form

THIS SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE SOME OF THE BORDERLANDS 2 OST AND I LOVE IT.

I0TA responds:

Thank you for the review a lot!

{dj-N} Theory of Everything 3 {dj-N} Theory of Everything 3

Intro is awesome. That bassline is something to behold. The melodies are fantastic. I can't really say much more because I don't think I need to, 5/5, can't wait to see it in GD.

Xtrullor - Ichor (Chael Remix) Xtrullor - Ichor (Chael Remix)

This is really good! The design is awesome! One thing I have a gripe with is the fact that the growls appear to be really weak. They sound more like background noise than growls. Other than that this is awesome!

ChaelMusic responds:

I know what you mean. I am trying to figure that out.
It's a mixing issue.